Amanda founded ETM CrossFit in 2013 with her friend Wes, with the vision of creating a place that will inspire and empower people to live healthier lives. Amanda has over 15 years coaching experience and has had the opportunity to work with people from all walks of life, ranging from kids, teenagers and adults in tennis, individuals within special populations, Olympic lifting, Powerlifting and CrossFit athletes.
She has been a lifetime athlete, playing representative netball in school, she pursued her passion of tennis to international level until injury forced her to re-evaluate and CrossFit and Olympic Lifting have become her sports of choice.
In her free time she enjoys spending time with family and friends, outdoor activities, reading and exploring ways to continually challenge and improve herself.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Health Science – Physiotherapy
- Holistic Performance Nutrition Certification (In progress)
- CrossFit Judges Course
- CrossFit Olympic Lifting Trainer Certification
- CrossFit Endurance Certification
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certification
Wes founded ETM CrossFit in 2013 with his friend Amanda. Wes has over 15 years of coaching experience, during this time he has had the opportunity to work with the Auckland Blues, Auckland Rugby, Waitakere Netball, and competitive athletes in New Zealand Womens football and CrossFit. He is also a strength and conditioning coach on the High-Performance Sport NZ pathway to podium programme and lecturer for the Department of Sport at Unitec.
Wes has found his passion in understanding fitness through assessment, intervention, research, and programming. He is currently completing his Masters in Heath Science (Sport and Exercise).
Wes’ background as an athlete includes high school rugby, a NZ representative in American football and a CrossFit regional team athlete.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife, son, friends, and family (including George and Max, his Ragdolls) and working on DIY projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport (coaching)
- Post Graduate diploma in Health Science in Sport and Exercise
- Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand Accredited Physical Conditioner
- CrossFit Level 1 Certificate